What is famous in London to gift?
Here are some popular gift ideas for items to buy in London:
- Artisan Tea - London is famous for tea brands like Twinings and Fortnum & Mason. You could buy a nice tea tin or sampler pack for a gift.
- Souvenirs with London imagery - Items like t-shirts, mugs, keychains, or posters with London icons like Big Ben, red buses, the Tube map, or the British flag make great souvenirs. You can find these at souvenir shops all over the city.
- British sweets and biscuits - Quality Street chocolates, Walkers shortbread, Jaffa Cakes, and other British sweets make good edible gifts. Brands like Cadbury and Rowntree are quintessentially British.
- Alcohol - London is known for gin, so a nice bottle like Hendrick's or a gin tasting set could work. Whisky, scotch, and British beers are other alcohol gift ideas.
- Books or plays - Literary gifts like Shakespeare plays, British classics, or books on London's history often appeal to the cultural side of the city.
- Umbrellas - A nice compact umbrella is a practical London gift idea given the rainy weather. Look for ones with London-themed fabric prints.
- Designer goods - Harrods, Selfridges, and other London department stores sell luxury British brands like Burberry, so wallets, scarves, or purses could make upscale gifts.
The key is picking something commemorative of London or quintessentially British for the gift recipient. Focus on local specialties, iconic imagery, or traditional brands for best results.
What gifts are typically British?
Here are some classic gift ideas that capture quintessential British culture and flair:
- Tea - Assorted tea bags or leaves, a teapot, tea tin, or tea towels. Popular UK tea brands include Twinings, Yorkshire Tea, PG Tips, Fortnum & Mason.
- Biscuits - Boxes or tins of classic British biscuits like shortbread, digestives, Jaffa Cakes, Hobnobs, custard creams. Look for Walkers, McVitie's, Cadbury brands. Or biscuit themed gifts make a great choice.
- Sweets - Quality Street chocolates, Cadbury selections, Rowntree candy or pastilles, wine gums.
- Alcohol - Scotch whisky, British gin, real ale beers or cider. Brands like Johnnie Walker, Hendrick's, Strongbow.
- Books - Works by Shakespeare or other English authors, cookbooks for British recipes, books about Royal history or London.
- Home goods - Umbrellas, Burberry scarves, teapot cozies, plush corgis.
- Food - Jams, marmalades, English breakfast tea, scones, clotted cream, biscuits, sweets.
- Souvenirs - Items with Union Jack or London imagery like t-shirts, hats, mugs, keychains, posters, flags.
- Luxury goods - Brands like Burberry, Barbour, Mulberry, Hunter for wallets, purses, scarves.
The most British gifts capture icons like the Queen, double decker buses, the Tube, red phone booths, Big Ben. Look for local specialties and products from London shops or heritage British brands.
What things we can buy from London?
Here are some of the most popular souvenirs to buy in London:
- T-shirts, hats, or tote bags with London icons - Look for items with prints of Big Ben, red phone booths, London cityscape skylines, the Tube map, British flag, or cheeky London sayings.
- Souvenir mini red phone booths - These make great decorative objects to display. You can find miniature metal phone booths sold at souvenir shops.
- Tea towels, mugs, magnets with London/UK imagery - Pick up kitchen items, mugs, and magnets with prints of London landmarks, maps, flags, subway symbols, or funny British sayings.
- I ♥ London/UK branded items - You'll find the I Love London logo on t-shirts, keychains, badges, lighters, and lots of souvenir items. Variations include I Love the UK too.
- Double decker bus models - Miniature red double decker bus models are iconic London souvenirs. Get a classic open top bus or a novelty item like a bus USB drive.
- Guardsman items - Replicas of the iconic guardsman (Beefeater) hats, bearskin helmets, and guardsman figurines make fun souvenirs.
- Thames and cityscape posters - Vintage style London prints depicting Tower Bridge, London cityscapes, or River Thames scenes capture a nostalgic London vibe.
- British snacks - Teas, biscuits, sweets, fudge, and chocolates like Cadbury or Rowntree.
- Jewelry/charms with London themes - Look for jewelry made with British coins or charms of iconic symbols like a taxi, crown, guardsman, phone booth.
The best London souvenirs focus on classic symbols of British culture that capture the spirit of London for memorable keepsakes.